Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Hope you feel better soon Godchaser, and I'm happy that your job is going well David. Life here carries on much as normal.

Dinner tonight, Roast chicken with mixed roast vegetables.

Hi Space Cadet, Great to see you. Thank you for the wonderful dinner.

Hope everyone has a good evening.
    "True friendship is that unexplained heart connection between two people who enrich each other's life. They may not know exactly why they became friends, but they do know that their presence in each other's life is a gift."
    By Donna Fargo

it would be nice if peeps would at least try this out, instead of the facebook page.

Dinner today- Paella, roast veggies and French baguette - blueberry cobbler for dessert. Ice cream optional.

Agree.

Dinner sounds very good. We have a friend who is to come by some time this afternoon/evening. Hopefully he will call to let us know when. We had to get up early to take another friend to the airport. Right now, her flight is delayed until this evening. She is at another location otherwise we'd go get her so she wouldn't have to sit in the airport & wait.
    "True friendship is that unexplained heart connection between two people who enrich each other's life. They may not know exactly why they became friends, but they do know that their presence in each other's life is a gift."
    By Donna Fargo

It is so quiet in here.

How is everyone doing? My husband & I celebrated our 25th Anniversary last weekend. We had a nice time and we got to see Cinderella which is always a delight.

Homemade pizza with your choice of toppings, salad and desserts of your choice.
    By Donna Fargo

I saw that on fb. Im happy for both of you.

I do wish there was a way to get everyone here instead of the closed group on facebook.

it would be easier to follow and post!

I made a Mexican casserole tonight from Bobby Deen's cookbook. it was very good, low fat and low cal.

I have lost 12# so far on my way to losing 30#.

Im hoping I can get past this first wall I have hit,,,,

How are things otherwise?

Congratulations to you, David. I hope you lose the weight.

How is everyone?

To everyone who is a parent/grandparent, I commend you on a tough job.

I had a heart breaking conversation with an 8 year old boy last night. He & his family are going through a really difficult time. They are good friends of ours and I've been praying for them often.
    By Donna Fargo

how is the boy and his family?

I hit a wall on my weight loss WAY too quick...

it truly gets more difficult as you get older.....

Hopefully you will start losing weight again.

Our friends are still going through a difficult time. I've been praying for some breakthroughs. One of my brother in-laws has a large blood clot above his left knee. they have given him some medications to see if this will break it up.
    Our apartment manager had gone a vacation for two weeks, so we were assistant managers while she was away, everything was so quiet which was good. No complaints, yeah!

Tonight's dinner: Homemade pizza, salad & desserts of your choice. For me, I want some ice cream & cookies.
    By Donna Fargo

I miss everyone here.
    By Donna Fargo

so do I.

I don't see the facebook thing taking off and no one comes here.

Im still working, I seem to have sttled in, but its not rewarding work,

the days go by so quick which in ways is good, but I feel like Im not engaged but letting time go by...

I don't know what to do about it.

How are things GC?

David, I'm sorry that you don't feel that your work isn't as rewarding as you would like for it to be. Hopefully another door will open for you, for a place where you enjoy working. I hope things outside of work are good.

My husband is on vacation for the next 9 days which will be nice. I had to go to the dentist this morning so they could finish the work they started. Then we went and did our monthly grocery shopping.

I've read way too many books in the past week (20plus). And I have some books that I plan on donating to the library since my bookcase is overflowing.

Our friends are still going thru a difficult time and the youngest children are having terrible nightmares as a result of the stress they've been through. It's heart breaking to talk to the parents each week,
    to hear how things are going. We can only do so much for them. All we know is to keep praying, to encourage them to keep fighting.
    By Donna Fargo

Hey everyone.
    I have been wading thru a sea of depression for the last 2 months. I see little opportunity in my life, just go to work and come home... see the gf on weekends and start over.

Maybe it is a mid life crisis, maybe it is having done a life inventory I find mine lacking.

I do not have friends in the real world. I do not have family who checks up on me.

If it were not for the gf, I would be alone.

I am often tempted to take my birthday off facebook to see if anyone would truly remember... I'm kinda doubting it.

I wonder on the day if my kids will call the old man and wish him a happy bd.

Having said all that, I do feel like the fog is lifting, I want to have some direction as to where I am going.

My fear lately is; God has given me the "glorious gift" of life.... and when I stand before him he will tell me I have wasted it and ... so on.

Funny thing, I went on vacation a couple weeks ago for a week in Michigan. Spent the whole week with no depression and the closer I got back to home,

I could feel it coming back.

If my kids did not live close by, I would consider moving.

I am however feeling better and maybe something is just around the corner for me?

How are you doing gentle reader?

anyone here?

My depression has lifted though the circumstances remain.

I feel there is little opportunity to do something different with my life, and do more than what I think I can.

I feel limited,

anyone?

This is the new "porch"....

anybody here?

whats up?